- Dr Savitr Sastri completed his undergraduate medical training (MBBS) from the Jawaharlal Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), in 2002.
- He did his Masters in General Surgery from Bangalore Medical College and superspeciality training in Neurosurgery at the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
- He has been chief resident at NIMHANS and following that an Assistant and Associate professor at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre in Bangalore and Consultant Neurosurgeon at Mallya and Axon Hospitals Bangalore before joining Yashoda Hospitals, Hyderabad, as a full-time consultant. He, following this, was the Chief Consultant Neurosurgeon at Health City Cayman Islands, a unit of Narayana Health.
- He currently works as Consultant Neurosurgeon and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeon at KIMS Hospital, Kondapur, Hyderabad.
- He has worked and trained at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, (AIIMS), New Delhi and undergone specialized training in Spine Surgery and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA and Riverside Hospital, Columbus, USA.
- He has performed over 2500 surgeries independently including aneurysms, complex skull base surgeries, pediatric neurosurgery such as neural tube defects and craniosynostoses, complex spinal surgeries including degenerative, inflammatory, neoplastic and traumatic conditions, craniovertebral junction anomalies apart from brain tumors and head injuries. His expertise is in the management of brain tumors, head injuries, strokes and aneurysms, spinal disorders, minimal access spine surgery, image-guided surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, skull base surgery and neuro-oncology.
- He is trained in the use of the latest technological innovations in Neurosurgery such as neuronavigation, image-guided surgery and neuromonitoring to ensure the best possible safety in all brain and spine surgeries.
- He has a keen interest in the design and use of medical technology and surgical ergonomics.
|MS (General Surgery)||2003-2006||Bangalore Medical College, Bengaluru|
|Senior Resident (NS/Casualty||2007||AIIMS, New Delhi|
|MCh (Neurosurgery)||2007-2010||NIMHANS, Bangalore|
|Chief Resident, Neurosurgery||2010-2011||NIMHANS, Bangalore|
|Assistant, Associate Professor||2011-2014||Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore|
|Consultant Neurosurgeon||2011-2014||Mallya Hospital, Axon Hospital, Bangalore|
|Observer in Spine Surgery||2015||Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA|
|Consultant Neurosurgeon||2014-2019||Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad|
|Consultant Neurosurgeon||2019-2021||Health City Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands|
|Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon||2021-||KIMS Hospital, Kondapur, Hyderabd|